How Does Chlorine Effect Our Life?
Chlorine is a chemical element with symbol Cl and atomic number 17. Chlorine is in the halogen group (17) and is the second lightest halogen after fluorine. The element is a yellow-green gas under standard conditions, where it forms diatomic molecules. It has the highest electron affinity and the fourth highest electronegativity of all the reactive elements; for this reason, chlorine is a strong oxidizing agent. Free chlorine is rare on Earth, and is usually a result of direct or indirect oxidation by oxygen.
Chlorine(CAS NO:7782-50-5) is an element used in industry and found in some household products. It is sometimes in the form of a poisonous gas. It can be pressurized and cooled to change it into a liquid so that it can be shipped and stored. When liquid chlorine is released, it quickly turns into a gas that stays close to the ground and spreads rapidly. It can be recognized by its pungent, irritating odor, which is like the odor of bleach. The strong smell may provide adequate warning to people that they are exposed. Chlorine itself is not flammable, but it can react explosively or form explosive compounds with other chemicals such as turpentine and ammonia.
- Ionic silver and copper can eliminate algae and bacteria while reducing chlorine demand (swimmpoolandpatio.wordpress.com)
- Choking agents (awarnessch.wordpress.com)
- Pool Renovations Fairfield CT – We Build More Gunite Pools Than Any Other Builder In Connecticut (poolsbymurphyblog.wordpress.com)
- Chlorine: Safe Water Purifier or Dangerous Health Hazard? (caretacticsblog.com)
- Stabilizer – One very important chemical for your swimming pool. (familypoolcleaning.wordpress.com)
- Understanding The Benefits Of Chlorination (wateronline.com)