The holidays and weight-gain go hand-in-hand. With the decrease in temperatures and your favorite foods to keep you warm, it can be easy to put on a few pounds.
In order to make sure the aforementioned does not happen, here are a few tips to keep yourself in tip top shape as we venture into the yearâ€™s coldest months:
Don’t give up hope just because itâ€™s cold outside. If running outdoors in freezing temperatures isnâ€™t your thing, try giving winter sports a try. Everything from ice-skating to skiing can burn serious calories. Plus, exercising outdoors has been shown to provide greater health benefits than exercising indoors. That said, at the end of the day, itâ€™s really just important that you keep moving; whether that be indoors or outdoors, thatâ€™s up to you.
During the holidays, immune systems generally weaken. From increased alcohol and sugar consumption to lack of sleep and stress, your body is in need of a little extra help. Superfoods, foods high in nutrients, are great for strengthening immune systems. From kale to colorful fruits, make sure youâ€™re stocked up.
Donâ€™t use the holiday season as an excuse to stay up later. Lack of sleep can cause weight gain. Try to get in a solid seven to eight hours every night and donâ€™t go for that second cup of coffee past noon.
- Keep the Weight Off this Holiday Season (dkfitsolutions.com)
- Healthy Holiday Eating Tips (barnesbariatric.wordpress.com)
- 5 Tips to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain (proformablog.com)
- Healthy eating during the holiday season (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Skinny You – VERY Happy Holidays! (colormywords.wordpress.com)
- 5 Ways for Runners to Dodge the Holiday Pudge (3wraces.wordpress.com)
- Tips for Avoiding Weight Gain During the Holidays (chatonsworld.blogspot.com)
- Don’t Be a Culprit of Holiday Weight Gain (margeauxkrieger.com)
- Fit Tip Friday: Sleep! (happylifehealthylife.wordpress.com)
How to gain weight is as difficult as losing weight. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration; but we all know someone who is skinny as a stick and does not shy away from food. Most of us are envious that they never put on weight, but they too wish to have a lean well toned, even curvy or muscular look.
How to gain weight: People may be underweight due to various reasons
Inadequate feeding habits, prolonged meal time gaps, poor selection of foods, increased physical activity without increasing the food intake can lead to energy deficit, are a few of the major reasons for being underweight. Other reasons can be malabsorption due to prolonged illness, diseases such as tuberculosis, cancer, hormonal imbalances (hyperthyroidism) and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia.
How to gain weight: Healthy weight gain
Gradual weight gain is always advisable. An increase in 500 kcal per day can result in increasing the body weight by 0.5 kgs per week. Objective should be to restore a desirable weight/ ideal body weight according to one’s age, gender and height. To rebuild body tissues, to maintain a good nutritional status and to maintain ideal body weight are a few reasons why healthy weight gain is important.
- Healthy Ways to Gain Weight (bridgettholmes.wordpress.com)
- Safe and effective weight gain supplements. (prohormonesinfo.wordpress.com)
- Weight Gain (mommycliffnotes.wordpress.com)
- Too much Weight Gain early in #Pregnancy leads to larger, chubbier Babies, @PER_UAlberta Study (desdaughter.wordpress.com)
- [NEWS] Tomatsu Haruka… GAINED WEIGHT?! (harukatomatsuid.wordpress.com)
- Honey, You’ve Gained a Little Weight! (nlm.nih.gov)
- How To Gain Weight Naturally | “Gain Weight Fast” Teaches People How To Say Goodbye To Their Skinny Body – V kool (prweb.com)
- Here We Go (Again) (todayithurts.wordpress.com)
- Healthy diet won’t stop menopause weight gain (smh.com.au)
- How the use of weight gain supplements can be more effective? (prohormonesinfo.wordpress.com)